What the DP offers students:
Through the DP, schools are able to develop students who:
- have excellent breadth and depth of knowledge
- flourish physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically
- study at least two languages
- excel in traditional academic subjects
- explore the nature of knowledge through the programme’s unique theory of knowledge course
In addition, colleges and universities recognize the DP as a superior preparation for college. Furthermore, in 2011 the DP Graduation Destination Survey undertaken by IB surveyed graduates of IB programs in the seven(7) countries where most IB World Schools are located. Results indicate some important advantages for students in an IB program. Findings include:
DP students average acceptance rate into university/college is 22 percentage points higher than the average acceptance rate of the total population.
The average SAT score of Diploma Programme candidates who responded to the survey is 1953. Also, the average for Certificate candidates is 1794. In comparison to the national average SAT score, 1500.
97% of respondents feel very well or well prepared for future studies. – 65% of DP students plan to study abroad during university years