Job Opportunities at IPA
Grade 4 Teacher (Posted 07/11/18)
ISLAND PACIFIC ACADEMY is currently accepting resumes for a Grade 4 teacher position for the 2018-2019 school year. The ideal candidate will have elementary teaching experience, be fully supportive of the school’s mission and expected to be an active participant on his/her team and the greater life of the school. Also, because Hawaiian Studies is a theme that runs throughout the Grade 4 curriculum, experience in Hawaiiana, Hawaiian Studies or ʻōlelo, is preferred. Responsibilities include creating lesson plans and instructing students using an inquiry approach in subjects such as science, social studies, literature, language arts and math. The learning environment at IPA is based on the constructivist approach, is highly interactive and children are encouraged to learn through inquiry and hands-on experiences. Other attributes of an ideal candidate include experience providing differentiated instruction based on student need, effective communication skills, and flexibility.
- BA in Early Childhood or Elementary Education.
- At least two years teaching experience.
- A willingness to be an active and participating member of an innovative and caring group of professional educators.
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to send a letter of application including a resume with at least three references addressed to Steve Ross, Elementary Principal at email@example.com and Camille Pinard, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technology Integration Specialist (Posted 06/19/18)
ISLAND PACIFIC ACADEMY is seeking a full-time technology integration specialist for the secondary level (grades 6-12). We are seeking applicants who have experience working with educators to meaningfully integrate technology into classrooms. That is, we are seeking candidates who consider ways in which the technology can enhance curriculum to provide new, or more in depth learning opportunities for students. This position will work closely with the Director of Curriculum Development & Outreach to integrate technology into new, and developing curriculum, conduct technology-related professional development workshops and trainings for teachers, and conduct research on the integration of technology in the classroom.
- Bachelor’s degree in Educational Technology, or a related field.
- Current on educational technology research, as well as various educational technologies.
- Experience developing and conducting trainings or workshops for educators.
- Advanced degree in Educational Technology, or a related field.
- Evidence of scholarly research in the field of educational technology.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and a resume to Mr. Steven Caley, Secondary Principal at email@example.com.
Director of Advancement (Posted 04/12/18)
ISLAND PACIFIC ACADEMY is seeking a passionate and energetic Director of Advancement to lead our fundraising and development efforts.
Summary of Duties:
- Reporting to the Head of School, the Director of Advancement is responsible for leading the ISLAND PACIFIC ACADEMY Advancement Department.
- The Director of Advancement is responsible for the strategic development and management of all fundraising activities for ISLAND PACIFIC ACADEMY.
- The Director of Advancement is responsible for strategically implementing a comprehensive and results-oriented development plan that includes both traditional and innovative strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements a short and long-term advancement plan to meet established development goals and objectives. This includes, but is not limited to, strategic initiatives for securing major gifts, corporate and foundation grants, endowment gifts, implementing a robust alumni giving program, defining stewardship and prospecting tactics, enhancing special fundraising/cultivation events, and developing new approaches to supporting traditional advancement initiatives.
- Provides daily management of advancement staff including establishing annual goals (to support overall goals established in the advancement plan), providing regular performance reviews and appropriate recognition, and supporting ongoing professional development opportunities.
- Develops, manages and implements all fundraising events including but not limited to West Fest, Grand Expedition, Annual Golf Tournament and other fundraising events.
- Works to appropriately position development opportunities and integrate messages in publications, grant submissions, reports, and collateral materials for cultivating and stewarding donors.
- Works collaboratively with IPAPA and key constituents including board members, alumni, grandparents, parents, friends, and community members through acknowledgement and relationship-building cultivation efforts.
- Clearly articulates and promotes a strong case of need for philanthropy and builds opportunities to create and sustain a culture that understands the relationship between philanthropy and a unique, quality, ISLAND PACIFIC ACADEMY education.
- Oversees management of gift processing and donor acknowledgement, the donor database, and financial reporting. Manages accompanying information systems.
- Manages prospect research and cultivation initiatives with a special emphasis on pursuing strategies to secure or increase giving from donors. This includes providing a structure and process for key advancement and leadership staff, and Board of Directors, for a regular review of strategies attached to solicitations of potential donors (e.g., contact reports).
- Develops strategies for existing donors to effectively move them through a meaningful cycle of giving.
- Meets regularly with the Head of School regarding program goals and initiatives and routinely reports to the Board of Directors and appropriate committees.
- Establish and develop alumni partnerships and relationships through a variety of events and efforts including an alumni giving program, return to campus events and the Boxes of Aloha program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervises, evaluates and directs the Advancement staff.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Minimum 5-10+ years of experience working in non-profit fundraising with increasing responsibility.
- Excellent managerial skills.
- Proven track record of fundraising success including fundraising events, managing fundraising campaigns and securing major gifts.
- Experience in grant-writing including foundation and government grants.
- Working knowledge of development best practices, fundraising tools and technology and trends in education and development.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and a resume to Ms. Camille Pinard, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After School Program Assistant (Posted 08/09/17)
ISLAND PACIFIC ACADEMY is hiring for the position of After School Program Assistant. The ASP Assistant will assist the Lead Teacher with the implementation of a quality program that enriches the students socially, emotionally, and physically.
The ASP Assistant will maintain a safe and educational learning environment for children in grades Kindergarten through 5th by successfully implementing the program, curriculum, and daily program activities.
Daily expectations include: leading students in activities, supervising snack, and outdoor play.
- Experience working with children
- Students in a higher education coursework related to education
- 2:45 pm – 5:45 pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
- 2:00 pm – 5:45 pm Wednesdays
- Flex schedules available.
Interested candidates should send their resume to Ms. Eileen Novak, Director of Summer and After School Enrichment, at email@example.com.
Substitute Teachers K-5 (Posted 02/09/17)
Island Pacific Academy is seeking Substitute Teachers and Aides for the 2017-2018 School Year. Teacher candidates must have a degree in Elementary Education.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and a resume to Mr. Steve Ross, Elementary Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Substitute Teachers 6-12 (Posted 06/22/17)
Island Pacific Academy is seeking Substitute Teachers for the 2017-2018 School Year.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and a resume to Mr. Steven Caley, Secondary School Principal at email@example.com.