Navigating Health & Safety Plan
ISLAND PACIFIC ACADEMY's Navigating Health and Safety Plan provides information to families, faculty, staff and administration of the necessary protocols and procedures to reduce the exposure and spread of the COVID-19 virus while on campus.
Download the 2021-2022 Navigating Health & Safety Plan below.
Revised COVID-19 Protocols & Guidelines (effective 03/09/22)
As COVID-19 cases within the state continue to trend downward and the hospitalization stays for COVID-19 related illness also continues to decrease, we have revised protocols and guidelines that have been in place for the 2021-2022 school year. The revised protocols and guidelines will be effective starting Wednesday, March 9, 2022.
- For indoors, face masks will continue to be mandatory. The exception is when actively eating or drinking, masks may be removed.
- For outdoors, face masks will be optional but highly recommended. Due to this option, it is suggested to please provide your child with additional face masks.
Wellness Tracker, a self screening questionnaire, will continue to be completed.
Temperature screenings will be discontinued.
Weekly COVID-19 in school testing will continue. In school testing will be revisited in April 2022 and a decision will be made in regards to whether to continue testing or not.
Visitors, Guest Speakers, Vendors, Contractors Policy
- Face masks, while indoors, will continue to be mandatory. The exception is when actively eating or drinking, masks may be removed.
- Face masks, while outdoors, will be optional but highly recommended.
- Wellness Tracker will continue to be completed.
- Temperature screenings will be discontinued.
- Showing proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test result will be discontinued.
- Students will be able to participate in learning trips. Students will follow the COVID-19 guidelines of the specific site or facility.
- If bus transportation is utilized, face masks will be worn while on the bus.
Personal dividers will continue to be utilized by students while actively eating indoors.
Hand washing or use of hand sanitizers will continue to be done frequently throughout the day.
The school’s response plan to COVID-19 positive cases by students, faculty, staff or
administrators will continue.
- Continue to inform your respective division offices if your family travels to another island or out-of-state.
With these revised safety and health protocols and guidelines, please keep in mind if there is an increase in the percentage of positive cases, or hospital stays related to COVID illness, consistently occur, we will revisit these revisions to our protocols and guidelines accordingly. Also, if the Hawaii Department of Health (HDOH) revises their protocols and guidelines for schools, we will revisit our current protocols and guidelines as well. The health, safety and well-being of our students, faculty and staff will continue to be our #1 priority in our school community.
The following websites provide important information about the spread of this disease along with overseas travel guidelines:
909 Haumea StreetKapolei, HI 96707(808) 674-3523