Career Opportunities at IPA
ISLAND PACIFIC ACADEMY faculty are passionate about kids, who see in the classroom individual children whose needs may vary and who work diligently to address each child’s needs and aspirations. IPA faculty are well-educated and professionally growing, active in the on-going development of their own skills and knowledge. Together, they form an active adult learning community in which regularly scheduled time for collaboration ensures coherence in the program.
Faculty are involved beyond the classroom, both in the lives of their students and the school, and in the wider community. Some are active in professional organizations; others in community groups and non-profits. In these ways, they provide their students with role models for active civic engagement beyond the world of work, an essential component to a vibrant city, state and nation.
ISLAND PACIFIC ACADEMY is currently accepting applications for a Director of Admissions.
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to send a letter of application including a resume with at least three references addressed to Harriet Ngethe, Director of Human Resources, at [email protected].
Summary of Duties:
- Reporting to the Head of School, the Director of Admissions is responsible for leading the ISLAND PACIFIC ACADEMY Admissions Department.
- The Director of Admissions is responsible for strategically implementing a comprehensive, data-driven and results-oriented admissions plan that includes both traditional and innovative strategies and skill sets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate the mission, vision, goals and values of ISLAND PACIFIC ACADEMY to prospective candidates and their families, primarily through personal interviews, presentations at prospective pre-schools and tours of IPA.
- Direct the admissions process from point of inquiry through enrollment.
- Develop, maintain and assess effective and sustainable enrollment management strategies and to inform these strategies with research, data, and best practices.
- Coordinate and administer all admissions testing.
- Manage the administration of all financial aid and scholarship programs and act as a key member of the financial aid committee.
- Coordinate all re-enrollment activity with constant monitoring of attrition and retention in grades K-12.
- Prepare and maintain statistics regarding enrollment, geographical distribution of students, demographic information, financial aid, and attrition. Interpret these statistics and share this information and data with the administration, faculty, and board of trustees.
- Coordinate and participate in all recruitment efforts: advertising, direct mail, Internet web page, etc.
- Corresponds, establishes and maintains good working relationships with applicants, parents, school officials, faculty and the general public regarding admissions policies, procedures, and issues.
- Coordinate and participate in special events involving prospective students i.e. Ready, Set, Kindergarten and IPA Open House.
- Promote good relationships with outside institutions or groups (schools, libraries, civic associations, nursery schools, real estate agencies, etc.) that can be helpful in attracting quality students.
- Work with members of the administration and faculty to organize specific retention efforts at the key grade levels.
- Assist the Director of Advancement in the development of promotional materials that interpret the school to prospective students.
- Serve on the Executive Cabinet and Leadership Team, reporting directly to the Head of School.
- Provides daily management of admissions staff including establishing annual goals (to support overall goals established in the admissions plan), providing regular performance reviews and appropriate recognition, and supporting ongoing professional development opportunities.
- Meets regularly with the Head of School regarding program goals and initiatives and routinely reports to the Board
- of Directors and appropriate committees.
- Other duties as assigned
- Supervise, evaluate and direct the Admissions staff.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in admissions or marketing, preferably with Independent School experience
- Knowledge of primary and secondary independent school educational market in Hawaii
- Excellent managerial and leadership skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills
- Detail oriented, capable of collecting accurate data and translating it into usable information.
- Experience with planning and implementing events on and off campus.
- Ability to resolve complex problems in admissions through the use of creative reasoning and logic to accurately determine the cause of the problems and solve them in an effective , innovative and timely manner.
Physical Requirements of the Job:
- Work environment includes indoor office environment as well as occasional hot humid outdoor environment during school events
- Frequent sitting at computer and using the phone
- Regular walking and climbing stairs during school tours
- Regular lifting of up to 5lbs and occasional lifting up to 20lbs
- The noise level of the position can occasionally be moderate or high during school events
- Performs work indoors with air conditioning and adequate lighting.
ISLAND PACIFIC ACADEMY is currently accepting resumes for a long-term Grade 3 substitute teacher for October 17- December 16, 2022. The ideal candidate will have elementary teaching experience, be fully supportive of the school’s mission and expected to be an active participant on her/his team and the greater life of the school.
Responsibilities include creating lesson plans and instructing students using an inquiry approach in subjects such as science, social studies, literature, and math. Also, teachers are expected to communicate readily with families (parents) when needed or appropriate.
The learning environment at IPA is founded in the constructivist approach, is highly interactive and children are encouraged to learn through inquiry and hands-on experiences. Other attributes of an ideal candidate include experience providing differentiated instruction based on students’ needs, effective communication skills, and flexibility in one's perspectives on teaching, learning and student achievement.
Candidate qualifications include:
- Preference will be given to applicants with a minimum of a Bachelor in Elementary Education degree.
- A willingness to be an active and participating member of an innovative and caring group of professional educators.
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to send a letter of application including a resume with at least three references addressed to Harriet Ngethe, Director of Human Resources at [email protected].
ISLAND PACIFIC ACADEMY is seeking Substitute Teachers and Aides for the 2022-2023 school year. Teacher candidates must have a degree in Elementary Education.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and a resume to Samantha Hodes-Der, Elementary Principal at [email protected].
ISLAND PACIFIC ACADEMY is seeking Substitute Teachers for the 2022-2023 school year.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and a resume to Jorge Ochoa, Secondary Vice Principal, at [email protected].
Comprehensive benefits package
IPA is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees. Benefits include:
- Comprehensive medical plan coverage
- Dental coverage
- IPA Tuition Remission
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching contributions
- Life Insurance
- Long-term disability
- Flex spending accounts for health care and dependent care
- Supplemental insurance
- Generous holiday and leave benefits
ISLAND PACIFIC ACADEMY is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a workplace environment that encourages growth and respect for all current and prospective employees based upon job-related factors such as their educational background, work experience, and ability to perform the essential functions of a particular job. It is the policy and practice of ISLAND PACIFIC ACADEMY to prohibit any form of discrimination or harassment based on race, color, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
909 Haumea StreetKapolei, HI 96707(808) 674-3523