Career Opportunities at IPA
ISLAND PACIFIC ACADEMY faculty are passionate about kids, who see in the classroom individual children whose needs may vary and who work diligently to address each child’s needs and aspirations. IPA faculty are well-educated and professionally growing, active in the on-going development of their own skills and knowledge. Together, they form an active adult learning community in which regularly scheduled time for collaboration ensures coherence in the program.
Faculty are involved beyond the classroom, both in the lives of their students and the school, and in the wider community. Some are active in professional organizations; others in community groups and non-profits. In these ways, they provide their students with role models for active civic engagement beyond the world of work, an essential component to a vibrant city, state and nation.
ISLAND PACIFIC ACADEMY is currently accepting resumes for a part time Elementary (K-1) Mandarin teacher for the 2021-22 school year. The ideal candidate will have Mandarin language and culture teaching experience. The teacher will work directly with students, teaching them about Mandarin language and culture.
Responsibilities include developing interactive instructional programs to engage students in the learning process. The learning environment at IPA is founded in the constructivist approach, is highly interactive and children are encouraged to learn through inquiry and hands-on experiences. Other attributes of an ideal candidate include experience providing differentiated instruction based on student need, effective communication skills, and flexibility.
Candidate qualifications include:
- At least two years experience teaching Mandarin.
- A willingness to be an active and participating member of an innovative and caring group of professional educators.
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to send a letter of application including a resume with at least three references addressed to Camille Pinard at email@example.com.
ISLAND PACIFIC ACADEMY is currently accepting applications for our Summer and Afterschool Programs Manager. Reporting to the Head of School, the Summer & Afterschool Programs Manager is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of the Summer Enrichment, Afterschool Enrichment and Afterschool Extended Care programs. The Summer & Afterschool Programs Manager is responsible for determining the hiring needs and overseeing the day-to-day management of Summer Enrichment, Afterschool Enrichment and Afterschool Extended Care program employees.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and a resume to Camille Pinard, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, develop and implement all Summer Enrichment, Afterschool Enrichment and Afterschool Extended Care Programs
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate staffing levels for Afterschool Extended Care Program, Summer Enrichment and Afterschool Enrichment Programs
- Recruit, hire, train and supervise Summer Enrichment, Afterschool Enrichment and Afterschool Extended Care Program employees
- Develop and revise enrichment program offerings at both the elementary and secondary levels
- Create and develop Summer and Afterschool Enrichment catalog materials to promote programs
- Develop and Implement online enrollment forms
- Work closely with Advancement department to coordinate marketing efforts of the programs to ensure sufficient enrollment
- Provide curriculum oversight for the Summer Enrichment and Afterschool Enrichment programs.
- Work directly with program instructors to coordinate curriculum development
- Develop and coordinate program schedules
- In coordination with the Director of Finance, develop and maintain oversight of program budget
- Serve as contact person for questions regarding Afterschool Enrichment, Afterschool Extended Care and Summer Enrichment programs
- Establish class lists, establish calendar and registration deadlines
- Articulate responsibilities and provide orientation for all Summer Enrichment, Afterschool Enrichment and Afterschool Extended Care workers
- Ensure that Summer Enrichment, Afterschool Enrichment and Afterschool Extended Care programs align with vision and mission of Island Pacific Academy
- Maintain communication with parents and program participants regarding important program information
- Responsible for keeping track of daily attendance of Afterschool Extended Care program and communicating with families regarding any potential issues.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in related field
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience working in education field
- Experience developing and implementing new programs
- Technology skills (or a willingness to learn) needed to perform communication and program duties.
- A willingness to be an active, collaborative and participating member of an innovative and caring group of professional educators.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
ISLAND PACIFIC ACADEMY is seeking Substitute Teachers and Aides for the 2021-2022 school year. Teacher candidates must have a degree in Elementary Education.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and a resume to Samantha Hodes-Der, Elementary Vice Principal at email@example.com.
ISLAND PACIFIC ACADEMY is seeking Substitute Teachers for the 2021-2022 school year.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and a resume to Jorge Ochoa, Secondary Vice Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comprehensive benefits package
IPA is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees. Benefits include:
- Comprehensive medical plan coverage
- Dental coverage
- IPA Tuition Remission
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching contributions
- Life Insurance
- Long-term disability
- Flex spending accounts for health care and dependent care
- Supplemental insurance
- Generous holiday and leave benefits
ISLAND PACIFIC ACADEMY is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a workplace environment that encourages growth and respect for all current and prospective employees based upon job-related factors such as their educational background, work experience, and ability to perform the essential functions of a particular job. It is the policy and practice of ISLAND PACIFIC ACADEMY to prohibit any form of discrimination or harassment based on race, color, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
909 Haumea StreetKapolei, HI 96707(808) 674-3523