Career Opportunities at IPA
ISLAND PACIFIC ACADEMY faculty are passionate about kids, who see in the classroom individual children whose needs may vary and who work diligently to address each child’s needs and aspirations. IPA faculty are well-educated and professionally growing, active in the on-going development of their own skills and knowledge. Together, they form an active adult learning community in which regularly scheduled time for collaboration ensures coherence in the program.
Faculty are involved beyond the classroom, both in the lives of their students and the school, and in the wider community. Some are active in professional organizations; others in community groups and non-profits. In these ways, they provide their students with role models for active civic engagement beyond the world of work, an essential component to a vibrant city, state and nation.
ISLAND PACIFIC ACADEMY is seeking a Controller for the 2019-2020 school year. Interested candidates should submit their resumes and letter of interest to Camille Pinard, Director of Human Resources.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Reporting to the Head of School, the Controller is responsible for all aspects of financial management, including accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecast preparation, as well as the development of internal control policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across all departments
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, inventory accounting, fixed asset records, general & entity accounting, cost accounting, etc.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Works directly with department heads to assist in the development of departmental budgets
- Develop, improve and issue timely monthly financial statements for Head of School and Board of Directors
- Assure financial plans are consistent with organizational goals
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Provide financial analysis tools to evaluate school ventures or special projects, programs, capital expenditures, products costing, etc. when necessary
- Manage and comply with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings including the preparation of the 990.
- Manage banking relationships to facilitate an appropriate credit resource under highly competitive terms
- Interface with outside audit firms(s), banks and lessors, casualty/liability insurance agent(s), credit card companies, and collection agencies
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Report to the Board of Directors when necessary in writing and verbally
- Serve on the Leadership Team, reporting directly to the Head of School.
- Provides daily management of finance staff including establishing annual goals (to support overall goals established in the finance plan), providing regular performance reviews and appropriate recognition, and supporting ongoing professional development opportunities.
- Meets regularly with the Head of School regarding department goals and initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
- Supervises, evaluates and directs the Finance staff
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in related field, Master’s Preferred
- Minimum 5+ years of accounting and finance experience; working in an independent school setting preferred
- CPA license preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and month-end/year-end processes
ISLAND PACIFIC ACADEMY is seeking Substitute Teachers and Aides for the 2018-2019 school year. Teacher candidates must have a degree in Elementary Education.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and a resume to Mr. Steve Ross, Elementary Principal at email@example.com.
ISLAND PACIFIC ACADEMY is seeking Substitute Teachers for the 2018-2019 school year.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and a resume to Mr. Steven Caley, Secondary School Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comprehensive benefits package
IPA is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees. Benefits include:
- Comprehensive medical plan coverage
- Dental coverage
- IPA Tuition Remission
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching contributions
- Life Insurance
- Long-term disability
- Flex spending accounts for health care and dependent care
- Supplemental insurance
- Generous holiday and leave benefits
909 Haumea StreetKapolei, HI 96707(808) 674-3523