Career Opportunities at IPA
ISLAND PACIFIC ACADEMY faculty are passionate about kids, who see in the classroom individual children whose needs may vary and who work diligently to address each child’s needs and aspirations. IPA faculty are well-educated and professionally growing, active in the on-going development of their own skills and knowledge. Together, they form an active adult learning community in which regularly scheduled time for collaboration ensures coherence in the program.
Faculty are involved beyond the classroom, both in the lives of their students and the school, and in the wider community. Some are active in professional organizations; others in community groups and non-profits. In these ways, they provide their students with role models for active civic engagement beyond the world of work, an essential component to a vibrant city, state and nation.
ISLAND PACIFIC ACADEMY is currently accepting resumes for an Secondary Middle School English substitute teacher for February and March of the 2020-2021 school year. The ideal candidate will have experience teaching or substitute teaching at the middle and/or high school level.
Responsibilities include collaborating with members of the English Department to implement the developed curriculum. The learning environment at IPA is founded in the constructivist approach, is highly interactive and students are encouraged to learn through inquiry and hands-on experiences. Other attributes of an ideal candidate include experience providing differentiated instruction based on student need, effective communication skills, flexibility, and knowledge of social-emotional learning skills development.
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to send a letter of application including a resume with at least three references addressed to Camille Pinard, Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Required candidate qualifications include:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Secondary Education with commensurate skills, or in a related field.
- A willingness to be an active and participating member of an innovative and caring group of professional educators.
Desired candidate qualification include:
- A Master’s Degree in Education with commensurate skills, or in a related field.
- At least two years experience teaching English at the middle or high school level.
ISLAND PACIFIC ACADEMY is seeking a Senior Facilities Worker to join our Facilities team. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three (3) references to Camille Pinard, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Reporting to the Facilities Manager, the Senior Facilities Worker is responsible for working directly with the Facilities Manager to coordinate and execute the day to day facilities and security needs including basic plumbing, electrical, janitorial, outdoor and yard maintenance. The Senior Facilities Worker will perform all duties in alignment of IPA’s mission and vision, ensuring the health and safety of all students, faculty and staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Facilities Manager with the coordination of daily activities, including task assignments, management of inventory and day to day facility and maintenance needs.
- Perform minor repairs such as repairing broken locks, filling gaps on walls, minor plumbing etc.
- Check control panels and electrical wiring to identify issues.
- Install appliances and equipment.
- Do garden/yard upkeep by mowing lawn, collecting trash etc.
- Conduct maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs and other minor repairs.
- Inspect and troubleshoot equipment and systems (e.g., ventilation).
- Check functionality of safety systems (e.g., fire alarm).
- Perform cleaning activities such as dusting, mopping etc.
- Collaborate with workers and other professionals during renovations.
- Assist the Facilities Manager with the coordination of parking facilities and overseeing safe and smooth process during school car line during both morning and after school drop-off and pick ups.
- Perform security for school events.
- Health and safety policy and practice, including OSHA regulations, crisis management, cleaning/sanitation, and ensuring the safety of the entire physical buildings and property.
- Assist Facilities Manager with the development and maintenance of training manuals and department SOP’s in all areas of facilities and security.
- Maintain and foster ongoing, professional staff and member relations and be available to assist faculty and staff as needed with basic facility needs and repairs.
- Maintain regular and punctual work attendance. Available to work a flexible schedule that includes working on weekends and evenings.
- Communicates with faculty, staff, students, co-workers, vendors and the general public using appropriate verbal and written language skills.
- Perform supervisory functions as assigned by Facilities Manager or other designated authority when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of facility management or similar work
- Project management skills
- Excellent organizational skill and ability to multi-task
- Strong time management skills
- Experience with building maintenance and construction, landscaping and irrigation, electrical, HVAC, and plumbing
- Must display a positive attitude, strong work ethic and be a team player
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skill
ISLAND PACIFIC ACADEMY is seeking Substitute Teachers and Aides for the 2020-2021 school year. Teacher candidates must have a degree in Elementary Education.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and a resume to Steve Ross, Elementary Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ISLAND PACIFIC ACADEMY is seeking Substitute Teachers for the 2020-2021 school year.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and a resume to Michelle Bradley, Secondary Vice Principal at email@example.com.
Comprehensive benefits package
IPA is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees. Benefits include:
- Comprehensive medical plan coverage
- Dental coverage
- IPA Tuition Remission
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching contributions
- Life Insurance
- Long-term disability
- Flex spending accounts for health care and dependent care
- Supplemental insurance
- Generous holiday and leave benefits
909 Haumea StreetKapolei, HI 96707(808) 674-3523