Island Pacific Academy has grounded its educational program in a mission to provide an environment where students develop:
- Strength of character, based upon the core values of respect for others, recognition of the inherent value of each human being, generosity of spirit and the power of human kindness;
- Commitment to become involved citizens both within their communities and the world – citizens who understand and practice democratic values;
- Confidence to maximize the use of their intellectual, academic, physical, artistic and creative gifts in preparation for college and as life-long learners.
I Mua Me Ka Ha’aheo
Go Forward with Confidence
The words on the crest of Island Pacific Academy express a hope we share for children growing up in the 21st Century.
Our purpose is to provide children with an academically challenging and developmentally appropriate educational experience led by talented and caring teachers in a nurturing and supportive learning environment. Our goal is to graduate young men and women whose performance matches their abilities and reflects the fundamental values of kindness and generosity of spirit.
IPA is committed to high personal and academic standards for its students. Our teachers share a passion for guiding the intellectual and personal development of each child. Also, our small class size permits individual attention. The child-centered, nurturing classroom environment promotes inquiry, creativity and critical thinking. Along with the acquisition of important fundamental skills and knowledge to prepare students for future success.
Students progress through a cohesive curriculum that offers a breadth of academic subjects. It encourages students to experience fine and performing arts, community service and athletic opportunities. The IPA program fosters self-esteem through encouragement of each student’s talents and learning styles, enabling “personal best” performance.
Academic achievement without a personal context is hollow knowledge, however. Integral to the school’s philosophy are such core values as:
- The power of human kindness
- Trust and respect
- Generosity of spirit
- Recognition of each individual’s value
- Highest level of ethical standards within the school community
Students guided by such values develop strength of character and become good citizens of their communities, nation and, indeed, the world.
In short, the goal of IPA is to prepare students with the confidence to assume that graduation is not an end, but a key to all doors in their future which they may open with confidence.